Bathroom to Bedroom Transition/Threshold

Old 10-20-18, 07:28 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bathroom to Bedroom Transition/Threshold

I need advice, I just tiled my bathroom and I plan on putting in hardwood floor in my bedroom. Well after tiling I noticed that they are not going to match up as perfect as I hoped so I need to transition it down about a 1/4 inch with the tile being a bit higher. I was looking at door thresholds at lowes and HD but they don't have what I want there. I want either a 2 inch or 4 inch single bevel threshold but they only seem to have a double bevel. Does anyone sell a single bevel cultured marble threshold at a reasonable price? I was also thinking about taking one of the double bevels and using my tile saw to rip it to the width I want but not sure if I will get chips on the edges? Any advice would be helpful and even if you have another idea on how to make the transition work would be appreciated!

Thanks

Old 10-20-18, 09:09 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 896 Votes on 826 Posts
You can buy a double beveled transition and cut off the one bevel. You can contact a woodworker or cabinet maker and have them mill a piece of wood the way you want. You can also put down a sheeting/shim material underneath your wood floor to bring it up to be level with the tile.

Old 10-21-18, 12:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 13 Posts
A wood transition would certainly be easier than tile. You should be able to find one you can alter or someone can.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: