Concrete Floor Wax

Old 01-10-19, 07:29 AM
Concrete Floor Wax

Howdy!

I'm new to the forums, and as a DIYer I fall somewhere in the middle. I have a question I'm hoping I can get some guidance on.

I moved into a new place with stained concrete floors (with radiant floor heating). I have 4 dogs, and waxed the floors when we moved in with 6 coats of Lundmark Floor Wax. Overall it's a nice wax, but with the dogs I have to reapply high traffic areas monthly, and honestly within two or three days the floors have a lot of nail marks and water spots that cause the wax to whiten and flake off.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a better floor wax I can use? Ideally I'd like to stick with a mop wax as opposed to one that would require a floor buffer. I've searched the forums here without a ton of luck, and relying on Amazon reviews is also hard as it seems people loved the Lundmark floor wax I'm using but I'm less of a fan.

Thanks!

thumbz

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-19, 09:23 AM
It's hard to imagine any floor wax that would hold up to dog toenails. I have heard of toenail coverings to protect hardwood floors, but I have no idea if they work. It may take a little research.