Tiling over shower curb

Old 04-24-20, 07:53 AM
C
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Tiling over shower curb

I'm going to be floating my shower curb tomorrow. The width of the curb (before tile) will be around 4 inches. Trying to plan ahead, what are the best methods for tiling over a curb? It doesn't appear that you can buy long rectangular tiles with a bullnose on the long sides, so how will I tile over the curb without having sharp corners? Assuming that I'll be using 4x12 tiles, should I try to make the width of my curb more like 3 1/2" wide to account for the tile on the sides and then placing a solid 4x12 tile on top?

Thanks,

Old 04-24-20, 08:03 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Not an exact answer but yes, you need to work your tile options into the construction details at times.

My shower tiles were just the opposite, bull nose along the length so that made tiling pretty easy!

Old 04-24-20, 08:34 AM
C
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Would you have a link to those tiles, by chance? That would make my life a lot easier.

Old 05-18-20, 07:27 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I used the porcelain tile for the shower curb of my bathroom. I ripped the top to size with the front edge and sanded the back edge as well to give the illusion of a finished edge. Although it’s not ideal, it worked out for me. My suggestion would be to select a plain glazed porcelain tile like this. You can go with the color theme of your shower space.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: