Which sealer for ceramic and porcerlain flooring?

Old 07-23-21, 09:04 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Which sealer for ceramic and porcerlain flooring?

I have some Tilelab grout sealer but upon review I hear it turns grout whiter. No biggie but I think I might l

ike the glossy look on tile anyhow so I was reluctant to add anything until I researched it.
I have 12" glazed porcelain sandy colored tile and smoother ceramic tiles. Porcelain tile fills like it has no coating but box say it is glazed. Ceramic tile feels like it has a coating. Will a glossy or matte sealer adhere to the ceramic tile. The sandy tile is getting scuffed already so I will need to clean that. I assume vinegar might do it? If I use a sealer can I coat the ceramic tiles as well as the porcelain tiles? I am afraid glossy will be to shiny and hide water on floor adding a slip hazard. if I use matte finish and decide I want glossy later can I just go over with glossy sealer? What is a trust brand at an economical price? Is there something better to use.? Should I just use the Tilelab I already have or will that no do anything for tile just grout?

'

Old 07-23-21, 11:17 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
You don't seal tiles, you seal the grout because grout is porous and tiles are not. That helps keep the grout clean.

I have never found any noticeable difference with sealers, they are all pretty much a silicon based product so cheap or expensive your pretty much paying for the name, and it doesn't really matter because they all have to be re-cleaned and re-applied eventually!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: