The Floor Mocks Me!

Old 07-25-01, 10:53 PM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I thought I had a pretty solid floor. I let it set for about 5 days and I walked every inch of it listening for that hollow sound. Well tonight we started to grout and when I was wiping the last of the haze up I heard that dreadful hollow sound while walking one of the tiles. I tried finding it again but I couldn't. Do you guys think that adding the moisture from the grout may have losened up one of the tiles? Do you think that the grout may secure it again? Please say yes to the last one!

Old 07-26-01, 04:41 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Boudreaux,

Water won't loosen thin set. Can't answer yes to the last one, bud. Sorry. Let everything dry. Then remove the offender and re-set it.

John

http://www.johnbridge.com

Old 07-26-01, 11:17 PM
Visiting Guest
Question Thanks for helping!

Would you wait till your job is done to replace the bad tile? I'm still grouting and the offending tile will not be where any furniture will be placed. I was thinking of just waiting but if it is best to remove it right away please let me know. It has been grouted now for two days. I can't believe I missed that one! I was walking the floor like Ernest Tubbs ( That's a real oldie for those that don't know ), and the floor felt really secure. I have to say this is a great board and the pros that help have given me the confidence to destroy...eh... I'm remodle my living room. You guys are the BEST!!!!

Old 07-27-01, 07:46 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I go back to Ernest Tubbs, Hank Snow, Flatt and Scruggs, Roy Acoff and the rest, but yes, you're going to need to remove that tile and get it settled down.

Oh yeah, Tex Ritter: "The Downtown Poker Club."

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: