Which side of Backer Board should I be using?

Old 07-26-01, 08:12 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking

I am installing wall tiles in my tub/shower. I actually have a few questions. I am using Cement Backer Board. I have a 4" decorative mosiac tile band that will be installed all the way around the bathroom. The manufacturer calls for a mortar bed with an acrylic admix. This I understand. The guy at home depot says I should use the admix everywhere. Which should I be doing? This in turn may effect which face of the backer board goes out or does it?
I also did not install backer board over a layer of gyp. I have it directly attached to the studs. I am not planning on having any kind of bullnosings on this project. Are there any problems with this approach.

Any thoughts or comments is appreciated!!!!

Thanks

Revolon

Old 07-27-01, 03:46 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not a problem using just the backer board...as far as the admix goes...the Home depot guy was correct...you can save yourself the trouble of mixing the two together by using a polymer modifed thinset...it has the latex already in it..just mix with water..home depot's is called Versabond...buy the white Versabond...it's alot easier to clean up..especially if you are grouting white afterwards.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: