Best Sealer? & How do you get grout off your fingers?

Old 07-30-01, 05:39 AM
Visiting Guest
Cool

I finished grouting yesterday. I really thought that grouting would be the easiest part of the project. Boy was I wrong! Why hasn't someone come up with an easier way of doing this? A caulking type gun to shoot the grout inbetween the tiles sounds reasonable. The grout bag dried up in about 30 minutes. I think I'll use it as weight the next time a go fishing. You might laugh at this but how about a motar/grout that you pust enough down that when you place the tiles it fills in the gaps? My problem this morning is how to get the darn stuff off my finger nails. Anyone know of a good solution?

I'm ready to seal the tiles and grout. Which sealer would you recommend? I know Tile Lab has a tile/grout sealer that sounds easy to apply ( easy is very appealing at this point ). I must say that you guys that do this stuff for a living really earn your money.
Thank You!

Old 07-30-01, 02:33 PM
A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

A grout bag?..no wonder it took you so long....a grout bag is for doing brick or very rough surfaced material. A rubber grout float and and a sponge to wash off the tile is the best and fastest way to go...but since you are done...yes the Tilelab sealer works well and is easy to apply...as far as your finger nails...wear rubber gloves next time!

Old 07-30-01, 07:02 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking Hey I'm a Rookie!

A grout bag?..no wonder it took you so long....a grout bag is for doing brick or very rough surfaced material.

Hey it sounds good to someone that hasn't worked with grout before. You know shoot inbetween the lines! At least I have some fishing weights that will make great conversational pieces.

A rubber grout float and and a sponge to wash off the tile is the best and fastest way to go...

I abonded the grout bag about 30 minutes into the job. It just doesn't work. Has anyone attempted to make grouting easier? It seems some sort of a caulking gun would work but if you had to pay $5.00 a canister it would make it impraticle.

but since you are done...yes the Tilelab sealer works well and is easy to apply...as far as your finger nails...wear rubber gloves next time!

Thanks for letting me know the Tilelab sealer works well. As far as the gloves...You live and yo learn. Besides if I have these nail still for Halloween I won't have to buy a custom! It really looks like I dug out of a grave! Thanks again for all your help!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: