Leak at wall behind shower door trim

Old 08-14-01, 09:24 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Hi there, I have a bathroom project from %#*%. My problem stems from an apparent leak into the sheetrock at the junction where the wall tiles and shower pan stops. My glass man installed a neo angular door set and we have had leaks ever since. Removal and replacement of the glass has simply changed which side the leak shows up at. My question to anyone who may know is this actually twofold. Can condensation build up in the base metal tracking, enough to moisten (noticeably) the sheetrock at the extreme out side of tile/tub juncture?* note: I have caulked entire interior of shower, Glassman has supposedly caulked behind and inside of tracking and I have torn into outside walls to see if my pipes were leaking (NO), water was building up because of poor sealing-caulking etc. (NO). I need your advise gentlemen, if you have had a similar experience with satisfactory results.

Old 08-15-01, 05:37 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Rick,

I have a (lengthy) canned dissertation I give out on this, but before I do, I would appreciate it if you would check the level of the shower base all the way around. Leaks usually occur when the unit has been installed out of level.

Old 08-16-01, 09:33 AM
Visiting Guest
Talking Re: Reply

Thanks for responding John. I'm not sure if you got my reply this morning. I hit the e-mail envelope and so did not properly post my reply. Sorry! I shall respectfully wait for your new response. If you didn't get my latest info message, please let me know. Thanks Rick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: