Matching existing ceramic tile

Old 01-03-02, 02:57 AM
fivenineteen
Visiting Guest
Matching existing ceramic tile

Dear Tileman..........Do you have any knowledge about where I might look to find a match for some ceramic tile that I had purchased from Color Tile (now out of business)? It was made in Brazil and is a 12 x 12 tile, if it would help to have names and numbers off the old box, email me and I will dig up the old carton. Thanks.......................Larry

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-02, 03:22 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Do you know what company made the tile or does it just have Color Tile's name on it. If it has a company name on it, try a search for that company. I had to do that for a job, and the color wasn't quite right, so I contatcted the manufacturer and they said to send a sample to them and they would try to color match it.

Old 01-03-02, 03:38 AM
fivenineteen
Visiting Guest
I am actually trying to track this down for my cousin, and I imagine the box is in color tile's (private label) but the info on the box is as follows: Name Cecrisa..................Lincoln
S.TR. 6688030 A:264 5 and it was purchased in 1995 or 1996..................any ideas? Larry

Old 01-03-02, 04:18 AM
G
might try a search engine like altavista and just put in what you have. You might get lucky

Old 01-03-02, 04:22 AM
G
Just for grins and giggles, did a search on CECRISA and got this:

DISTRIBUTORS CECRISA REVESTIMENTOS CERAMICOS S.A. CECRISA. PROFESSIONAL CERAMICS CO. 916 S.E. 15th Avenue Cape Coral, FL 33990 Tel. (941) 772-5815...

Old 01-03-02, 04:46 AM
fivenineteen
Visiting Guest
Thank God for people that like grins and giggles..If this works out you have made my cousin and I verrrrrrry happy. I owed him a big favor..............and now I probably owe you one...Thanks!!!

Old 01-03-02, 01:50 PM
T
Trying to match an existing tile

I hate to be a party pooper, but I see many forum posts where folks are looking for dropped or discontinued tiles or tiles whose manufacturers have gone out of business. Manufacturers are always dropping/discontinuing particular colors or styles of tiles. Thus, that's why tile dealers usually try to encourage folks to buy enough so you have some tiles left over in case there ever needs to be a repair or replacement. Best of luck!

Old 01-04-02, 02:26 AM
fivenineteen
Visiting Guest
I thoroughlyl agree Twelvepole, I was formerly in the business, as I assume you were/are, of selling paint, wallpaper and floor covering..........but this is trying to be matched because we put on an addition, on my cousin's house..........I'm not going to quit rubbing it into my cousin that he should have bought his tile from me at the time...........thanks for your input. lh

Old 10-27-10, 08:14 AM
M
Matching old ceramic tile

I have found a way to match old or outdated ceramic tile. First of all you need to find tile that matches in size your old tile. I had to replace 2 8 x8 inch tile. I took a piece of one of the broken tiles to Home Depot and had them match the color of the tile. I then purchased garage floor paint and painted the replacement tile with the new color. The color matched perfectly. I put 2 or 3 thin coats on the tile. After that, I sprayed on urethane, 2 or 3 times to give it the shine I wanted. Hope this helps everyone.

Old 10-27-10, 03:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Oh my! Please don't bump a 8 year old thread to give awful advice like that.

Old 11-01-11, 09:27 PM
A
Habitat for Humanity gets a lot of donated tiles from stores going out of business and from houses being remodeled and sell them in their ReStores for cheap. Ours had just received 5000 boxes of different kinds. I got enough to do my whole bathroom for $40. Unfortunately I found lots of other cool stuff I had to have.

Old 12-30-11, 07:48 AM
N
Locate discontinued tiles

Finding Discontinued Ceramic tile

I need to replace a number of ceramic tiles in my bathroom and I cannot find the tile anywhere in the New York, New Jersey, Connecticut area where I have checked. Does anyone know where I can go - physically or online -- to find discontinued ceramic tile? The tile was made by an Italian company called Colli, it is called Kristal Bianco. It is an 8 x 10 white on white tile with a diamond pattern.

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/fl...#ixzz1i26gaaS5