Marble Tile

Old 01-14-02, 02:15 AM
Visiting Guest
Question Marble Tile

I am laying marble tile in the bathroom on the floor. This is the first time I have layed marble and a neighbor told me that I have to make sure that I line up the pattern in the marble. I stared at it yesterday for 45 minutes when I layed the marble out to make sure it would fit and I can't figure out a pattern. Is this correct that there should be? I am using 12x12 tiles.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-02, 07:00 PM
Defining a pattern in natural marble tile

I don't think mother nature had a particular pattern in mind when she created marble. Even though all the marble was cut from the same quarry, you will find that the pattern is not consistent throughout. Marble is a "natural" occurring product. No two pieces are the same. The differences in color and pattern are natural and that is the beauty of marble.

Tell your neighbor that you really appreciated his advice about lining up the pattern in the marble and that without his input the floor would not have turned out to be so beautiful.

Go to www.stonecare.com to learn about sealing, cleaning, and maintaining your natural stone product. Use only products recommended for natural marble. Make sure you seal your grout with at least two applications of penetrating sealer.

If you need additional tips for tile installation, go to www.doityourself.com for helpful info.