Cleaning of ceramic tile flooring

Old 01-27-02, 11:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Cleaning of ceramic tile flooring

I just mopped my ceramic tile floor with clean, clear, warm water. No soap, nothing and when it dried it came out cloudy and foggy instead of back to it's shine. What am I doing wrong? How do you clean ceramic tile flooring?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-02, 05:05 AM
Dave Gobis
Visiting Guest
Is it newly installed or have you cleaned it before?

Old 01-28-02, 05:33 AM
Visiting Guest
cleaning ceramic tile

just bought this house. tile is definitely not new. i have never had tile before and just mopped it the way i use to mop the linoleum i had with just water. i have never cleaned this floor before.

Old 01-28-02, 08:19 AM
Dave Gobis
Visiting Guest
If thats the case then there must have been something on the floor that you re-emulsified with the water. Who knows what. I would mop it again and use some old towels to wipe up the floor to see if that does the trick. If not you may need a cleaner like some of those that can be found at www.aquamix.com. One problem I see on a regular basis is too much cleaning with dirty mop water and wrong cleaners. Tile is a lot easier than vinyl. Wipe up spills and mop occasionally with appropriate cleaner. Do not use any soaps, they contain oils which make the floor sticky.

Old 01-28-02, 05:38 PM
Visiting Guest
thank you

thanks for the info. i will do as you say and see where i need to go from there. thanks for the lead to the site also. hopefully i don't need a cleaner.