Problem with tiles?

Old 02-07-02, 10:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Post Problem with tiles?

I'm remodeling my bathroom. I want to save some money so I heard I can paint the tiles on the walls surrounding my bathtub. I was wondering if anyone knows. Can I paint the tiles. Right now they are a pale yellow and I want them navy blue. If I can does anyone know what kind of paint I would need? And will it look good.

Old 02-13-02, 04:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Yes. You can paint ceramic tiles, I'm assuming their ceramic. I saw it one of those Our House shows where they used a special bonding paint sprayed on, but you must prep the surface first by sealing it with something. Not sure what products are called to do all this. Good Luck.

Old 02-13-02, 07:02 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Painting ceramic tile

There are paints available today for just about every surface. Painting of ceramic tile tends not to be recommended from the standpoint of long-term durability. This can be a problem in a shower because of exposure to moisture and cleaning chemicals. There are more durable coating options available such as those at www.sanantoniosurface.com where you can learn more about them. Most folks tend to decorate around existing tile colors.

Old 02-20-02, 05:50 AM
clouds.freeserv
Visiting Guest
Smile Painting tiles

We recently painted our bathroom tiles brilliant white. We used ESP (Every Surface Primer), waited 2/3 hours then used International Tile Paint, doing two coats. They came up an absolute treat. They are on the shower wall and as yet we haven't had any problem. Try it, you'll be surprised at the results.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: