Laying & cutting marble ????

Old 02-16-02, 03:38 AM
LAURAJK0
Visiting Guest
Laying & cutting marble ????

We have just bought a load of marble slabs (400x400mm) and want to lay onto our kitchen bench to give the look of one solid peice of marble. Does anyone know what can be used to glue them, we really want to keep away from grouting in between as this will spoil to look we are after. Also, how should they be cut to size, any special blades that are needed? Do they need cutting under water or can they be cut dry. We have never used marble before and have no idea of how to approach this?!?!? ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT!!!! Thanx.

Old 02-16-02, 03:43 PM
spock_1958
Visiting Guest
lucky you!

I personally have not laid marble (YET), but my husband put it in the kitchen of our current home before we got married. He told me that he used a circular saw, making multiple shallow passes to cut through the marble. But you really need to do it outdoors, because it causes huge amounts of dust when you do it. I think they also have a wet saw that you can rent that will cut down on the dust.
As for the seams, I haven't a clue. Mine do show, but they have clear silicone caulk in the joins, so it's not that bad. Good luck, let everyone know how it turns out!

Old 02-16-02, 09:14 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Installing marble countertops

Go to http://www.marbleandgranite.com/cont...plication.html for helpful info.

Old 02-16-02, 09:18 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Caring for marble

Go to www.stonecare.com to learn how to seal, clean, and maintain your natural stone product. Use only products that are safe for marble. Marble is a limestone and is subject to staining and etching from anything that contains acid such as fruit juice and soda and many household cleaning products. Proceed with caution in maintaining your marble.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: