cutting ceramic counter top

Old 04-02-02, 09:43 AM
jonespnh
Visiting Guest
cutting ceramic counter top

I have a ceramic countertop that was professionally installed (by Tileman-nice job Rich) which has a sharp 90 degree corner on it. My 2-year-old is getting tall enough where he could easily bump his head on it. I want to cut the corner at a 45 degree angle to avoid problems. What do I need to cut through the tile without chipping?

Old 04-03-02, 04:54 PM
DOG PAWS
Visiting Guest
The only way I've seen tile cut that is already installed was with a carbide or diamond blade (on a angle grinder or circular saw). But your right about the chipping, that is going to be hit or miss.
Water saws cut tile sans the chipping, but I don't know how you can apply that to a finished job?
If I was going to attempt this I'd go with a diamond blade cutting slow and steady.
I'm curious as to how you plan to finish off the edge once you've cut it off?

Old 05-17-02, 04:45 PM
Lauraa
Visiting Guest
just tie a dishtowel to the corner. or put a box over it. it will just be short-term. you won't believe it now, but it 6 months he won't hit it anymore. I remember when my two year used to hit his head on doorknobs all the time. He's 14 now and taller than me - hasn't been door-knobbed in ages!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: