Hanging wallpaper horizontally instead of vertically

Old 04-03-03, 08:15 AM
ingie
Visiting Guest
Hanging wallpaper horizontally instead of vertically

I intend to put up wallpaper that looks like real logs. Since the logs run the entire length of the bolt and I want them in a horizontal position, the wallpaper will need to be hung horizontally around the room rather than the usual vertical method. I am envisioning trying to work with an 11 yard run all at one time...yikes! Can anyone provide information or tips on how to do this?

Old 04-03-03, 09:19 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Horizontal installation is the same as vertical, only you REALLY need an assistant to hold up the excess while you work on the initial portions.

I would start using a level line somewhere in the middle of the wall. This way you should have to trim both the ceiling and the floor lines. This will make you end up with greater waste than starting at say the ceiling line, but your pattern will be absolutely horizontal. Work from the middle to the top and then back down to the bottom. You WILL find out how uneven your walls are using this method. You could do it the opposite way, but your logs would end up with a decidedly uneven tilt. You could check your walls first for levelness and see which route you would prefer. Get a good quality level with two sight glasses, one on each end. Two foot would do, but a 48"er would be best or larger if you can afford it. Stabila is my personal favorite brand but it is high $$$, so go with what you can afford.

Best of luck with it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: