Wallpaper update question

Old 03-10-04, 10:26 AM
Mrs. Mary
Visiting Guest
Wallpaper update question

We can't get back of paper back off even with soaking, tried sanding, its smooth but not off, what is the sealing process you referred to?

Old 03-10-04, 01:14 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Repair any damaged areas with joint compound. Remove any obviously loose material and sand rough areas. Apply a primer/sealer. This is a new material designed to repair drywall boo-boos and works great at sealing wallpaper in this type of situation. Get one of these ONLY:

Scotch Paint's Draw-Tite, Zinsser's Gardz, Roman's Liquid Drywall, Seal-Krete's waterproofing sealer, or Sherwin Williams' PrepRite Drywall Conditioner

Some of your wall may then be rough or have other surface imperfections. You could either float the surface out with joint compound or hang wall liner to smooth it out. In any event, the primers listed above are the big solution, if you need additional help/clarification, post back here.

Old 03-12-04, 09:30 AM
FannyMae
Visiting Guest
removing wallpaper

I have tried everything and the only thing I've foung that works great is greased lightning. It is a cleaner and you can find it over by the fantastic and 409. Its fast and works better than wallpaper remover. You have to be careful of the vapors. Its better to wear a mask when using it.

Fanny Mae

Old 04-06-04, 08:19 PM
Mrs. Mary
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up wallpaper removal

Thanks to advise from Fanny Mae, with the greased lightening we were able to remove all the paper. I wished we had started out with it before some damage to wallboard, not previously primed had occured. Great tip! We followed up with joint compound smoothed then sealed as previously directed using Zinnser's Guard, primed over and a faux finish applied. It was alot of work but finally accomplished. Now onto door replacing. Thanks for all the help! Mary

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: