comic book pages as wallpaper?

Old 01-19-05, 06:01 PM
sugar magnolia
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb comic book pages as wallpaper?

I would like to apply pages of Comic books to my wall as a sort of wallpaper. How would you go about doing this? I want something that will apply them, but also provide a glossy covering so they are somewhat protected. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-05, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What you are wanting to do is possible, but not very easy. Comic pages are very thin/flimsy, and will be hard to work with. If you have patience and a steady hand, then check the link below for my best advice on doing this technique.

Using comics as wallpaper

I would also add you would need to prime the wall with a good quality pre-wallcovering primer, preferably one that is tinted. Check out Zinsser's Shieldz for this task.

Old 08-27-13, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Be careful

I did an entire wall with covers from The New Yorker. It looks terrific, but it takes time. Do not use decoupage (sp?). Do not use anything that the paper will absorb. If that happens, your wall will be filled with crinkly pages. Also, I did a wall section in the garage first and waited for a few days to see what would happen.
I used a spray-on adhesive that I got at an art store. Most of them give you 10-15 seconds to reposition the paper before they become so tacky that you can't move the paper.
Good luck.

Old 08-27-13, 05:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Bart, welcome to the forums! You have entered an 8 year old thread that is not monitored by any of the original posters. Check your dates for current content.