wallpaper on concrete blocks?

Old 02-15-05, 11:58 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
wallpaper on concrete blocks?

I have a concrete block office that is painted white and very drab..no windows or anything to brighten it up. Is it possible to put border up on rough concrete blocks? Would pre-pasted work or would I need extra adhesive that might be hard to remove later? Not sure if boss will let me decorate but I am willing to ask and pay for the supplies if it is possible to border the walls. Thanks, Kathy

Old 02-15-05, 12:24 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You will need to pre-cut strips of liner paper to attach to the wall, and then the border will adhere to that. You will also need to prime the block wall (where the border will hang) with a masonry primer or block filler. If not, the concrete blocks are very porous, and I don't know of any wallcovering adhesive which will adhere to it for long.

Old 02-15-05, 12:50 PM
pwg: what about the self-adhesive borders? the ones that are like a long sticker that you peel the back off of? would that stick to the cement block? seems like it would.....

Old 02-15-05, 04:33 PM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Hmmmm, maybe/maybe not. but it would still look goofy with all the dips and indentations.

Old 02-15-05, 05:07 PM
K
Thanks guys, I will try the peel and stick first and see how long it holds. If it stays up I 'll do the whole office; if not, then I'll just take it down and hang up some pictures.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: