wallpaper technique using brown paper.....

Old 03-21-00, 07:43 PM
Visiting Guest
Has anyone heard of taking brown paper (paper bag type only on a roll) and ripping pieces to resemble rocks, wading them up and dipping in paint, applying wallpaper glue and using as a wallpaper. I saw this in a friend's house and was amazed, I was sure it was stone. I'd like to try it but need more details, can anyone help me?

Old 03-25-00, 01:38 AM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by bouncer:
Has anyone heard of taking brown paper (paper bag type only on a roll) and ripping pieces to resemble rocks, wading them up and dipping in paint, applying wallpaper glue and using as a wallpaper. I saw this in a friend's house and was amazed, I was sure it was stone. I'd like to try it but need more details, can anyone help me?<HR>

I have seen this done and it does look nice but you don't dip it in paint. You apply with wallpaper paste being careful not to roll out crinkles in paper allow to dry and paint after completely dry.

Old 07-01-05, 05:00 PM
DLMarris
Visiting Guest

Hi Iam new on here I have this going about the brown paper.I seen it on a DYI show.I have all my paper up and ready to go but stuck on the next step.The show I seen was you use paint and glaze I believe it's been a long time since i had seen the show.But Can't remember what paint and what glaze.Does anyone else know how to do this.
Dianna

Old 07-01-05, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: