Foil wallpaper removal


  #1  
Old 07-19-00, 05:23 AM
Guest
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question

I am removing a foil type wallpaper. There appears to be foil, then paper, then adhesive. It is very difficult to get the solution/gel under the foil for removal. Is there a good technique to make this as quick as "regular" wallpaper that absorbs the removal solution/gel?
 
  #2  
Old 07-20-00, 04:26 AM
Guest
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Post

Get a paper tiger. They're available at home centers, paint stores, discount houses, etc.

It will poke very tiny holes thru the foil.
 
  #3  
Old 07-20-00, 12:25 PM
Guest
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Post

quote:<HR>Originally posted by BobF:
Get a paper tiger. They're available at home centers, paint stores, discount houses, etc.

It will poke very tiny holes thru the foil.
<HR>


Thanks for the idea, but I've already tried that. The holes are too small and don't allow the solvent to disburse. The foil is a very good protector. Please post any other ideas you might think of.
 
  #4  
Old 07-21-00, 05:22 AM
Guest
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Post

Use a sponge and lots of plain water. Some people have good luck using a mister to spray the walls. Give the solution time to work.

Are you sure you are piercing the foil with the tiger?
 
  #5  
Old 07-21-00, 08:08 AM
Guest
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Post

quote:<HR>Originally posted by BobF:
Use a sponge and lots of plain water. Some people have good luck using a mister to spray the walls. Give the solution time to work.

Are you sure you are piercing the foil with the tiger?
<HR>


Yes. Many times
 
  #6  
Old 07-25-00, 04:57 AM
Guest
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Post

Once you get the solution behind the foil, it should loosen the paste.

Have you been able to peel any of the foil off?
 
  #7  
Old 07-25-00, 01:34 PM
Guest
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Post

quote:<HR>Originally posted by BobF:
Once you get the solution behind the foil, it should loosen the paste.

Have you been able to peel any of the foil off?
<HR>


Thanks for the encouragement. I've gotten the hang of how to do different wallpaper.

 
  #8  
Old 08-02-00, 10:58 AM
Guest
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Post

I have dealt with very stubborn wallpaper like yours, no amount of scoring or remover made any difference. Any paper I managed to pick off was about the size of a grain of rice. I decided to paint over it. Much less stressful.
 
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: