mold under wallpaper

Old 09-18-00, 08:46 AM
Visiting Guest
I had old wallpaper on the bathroom wall and you could see this blue-black mold showing through(not on surface). I had new wallpaer installed and the mold shows throught the new paper! I had told the installers about the problem before and they said they would take care of it..not!! what should they have done? P.S. this is a small master bathroom with one small window in an aprtment building. thanx

Old 09-18-00, 02:12 PM
Visiting Guest
I would have used a spray bottle and sprayed a solution of bleach water to kill the mold, then wiping the walls with TSP cleaner and possibly re-priming the walls with a stain killing oil primer. Then papering.

The mold was probably a previous problem, because if there was enough moister to grow mold then the paper would surely been rolling off the walls, I still would have used the above process reguardless.

Old 10-06-00, 11:31 AM
Visiting Guest
hi
just a word about mold. when cleaning it, plan on a long shower as soon as finished, lots of soap, wear long sleeves, glove and a breathing mask. plan to throw it all away. the mold spores (the black stuff) can get in you air way and cause breathing problems, on your skin and cause, iching, burning , swelling and dizziness. i am decribing what happened to my sister when she scrubbed a moldy area (large)in her basement. 2 weeks later she was in the hospital and a year later is still having reacuring problems.

Old 10-06-00, 07:43 PM
Visiting Guest
I have heard of a dangerous mold in homes but don't know a lot about it, I did find this article on it.
http://www.freep.com/news/health/qmold4.htm

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: