wallpaper removal solution/recipe

Old 11-24-00, 03:14 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I NEED HELP IN FINDING OUT ABOUT A WALLPAPER REMOVAL SOLUTION/HOME RECIPE......USING VINEGAR AND FABRIC SOFTNER....DOES ANYONE KNOW THE "RECIPE" AND INSTRUCTIONS THIS? THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Old 12-04-00, 06:19 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
jka, I havn't heard of using the fabric softener part of your potion but suspect it is there only to kill the vinegar odor. I would try 9 parts vinegar, one part fabric softener. You didn't ask but I would invest $4.00 in a bottle of DIF stripper that will make 2-3 gallons of remover and works better than any stripper I have used. I suspect that you will have more in vinegar than the $4.00 and also you will not be pickled...LOL...Mike

Old 12-05-00, 04:48 PM
Visiting Guest
I have heard of this solution, but I do not know the proper mix, I believe I remember where I saw it. If I find it I will post back since so many people are interested (34 views on this thread)

Old 12-05-00, 08:06 PM
Visiting Guest
No luck where I thought, but a quik search turned up this, I have never tried it so I cannot comment on it:

Mix one part liquid fabric softener and one part water. Sponge onto old wallpaper and let soak for about five minutes. (You may need to perforate the surface of vinyl paper.) The fabric softener softens the wallpaper glue, so you can peel it off! It's also cheap, smells good, and is non-toxic!

http://momsonline.oxygen.com/hottips...p?key=M0451111

Old 12-14-00, 07:56 AM
Visiting Guest
wallpaper

I've hung and removed paper for over 20 years and have rescued customers who have tried the vinegar and softner method. It's a crock to think it will remove wallpaper. That solution is only good for removing the glue residue from the wall after the paper has been removed.
All vinyl coating paper has a top layer that can be peeled off leaving the paper backing stuck to the wall. It's that paper backing that you are trying to take off. In all my years in the wallpaper business, I've used only water. Either I rolled the water onto the wall with a paint roller and let stand for a minute or two before scraping off or I used a steamer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: