what is on my walls????!?!?!?!

Old 07-08-05, 01:12 PM
too sticky
Visiting Guest
what is on my walls????!?!?!?!

I am taking down my lincrusta wainscotting. The front of the stuff came off easily, but the backing left on the wall won't budge even though I've scored it. What could it have been put up with? It's not clay. Whatever it is, it's still sticky to the touch, like scotch tape. Dif won't dissolve it--although it has dissolved all the paper off of the glue. I've tried ammonia and denatured alcohol, too. Any ideas?

Old 07-08-05, 03:55 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What color is the adhesive ? DIF clams that its gel formula dissolves almost any adhesive. I've also had good luck with warm water/vinegar....
The lincrusta usually required a heavier wallpaper paste. You may want to call a professional wallpaper hanger to see what they might recommend.

Blessings,

Debbie

Old 07-08-05, 04:22 PM
too sticky
Visiting Guest
Thanks. The paste is clear. I have actually gotten some of the paper off, but the stickiness is still there. (It does feel just like scotch tape after the water dries.) I've called paper hangers and adhesive manufacturers and the lincrusta folks. Apparently this was not put on with the usual lincrusta paste. I just can't find out what it is.

I've tried acetone and that doesn't work. I don't have any vinegar in the house.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: