hanging super fresco (anaglypta) on ceiling

Old 11-22-06, 02:06 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
hanging super fresco (anaglypta) on ceiling

it's a pre pasted border; i've put one coat of paint on it (a couple of weeks ago); it's going on a ceiling that has been painted with semi gloss latex paint. i bought zinsser *prepz* which looks like it will work with both the paper and the ceiling finish. am i correct? do i still need to book it? i'm planning to miter the borders, and have cut the angle for the first corner.
any (quick) advice? hoping to do it this evening....
any and all advice is welcome. i've never hung wallpaper before but am fearless......

Old 11-22-06, 02:35 PM
well, you're not supposed to paint it BEFORE you hang it! but i guess there's no fixing that.

what's Prepz? adhesive or primer? if it's prepasted but you're using adhesive too, that's fine, just don't put it in water. as for booking, i'd be afraid to bend it much at all, for fear of cracking the paint. so just apply adhesive with a brush or roller & let it set for a few minutes, watching that it doesn't dry out.

as for trimming it, you shouldn't have pre-cut that corner. what you should do is hang one strip along one wall, then hang another one on the perpendicular wall & let them overlap in the corner. then you do what's called a double cut, where you cut through both layers at once. then they butt up together perfectly. but since you already cut one, just use it as a guide to cut the other one. but double cut the other remaining corners.

good luck!

Old 11-22-06, 02:45 PM
W
on the prepz can it says: one step border prep and adhesive..
i got it cus it says you can hang vinyl on painted walls and it prevents curling at the edges etc...
the wallpaper i have (super fresco by graham and brown) actually said to paint it first.... so i did....;-) i will probably come back with a wash over it once it's up.
i've got extra; i may just cut that edge straight again and do the corners like you suggested. that makes way more sense - esp since this is an old house and the chances of corners being straight and perfect is probably slim...

one more question, since it is thick and relatively heavy would it be best to leave in long pieces (it comes in 5 yard lengths) and just have an extra set of hands? or cut it into more manageable lengths. it seems that would be easier to fool with, but then you have more seams......

Old 11-25-06, 02:14 PM
W
i didn't get to it the other day.
so one last question.
would it be best to leave it in the long lenghts? i'm a little concerned it will be too heavy; it's the kind that's flat on back.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 11-27-06, 10:15 AM
if you can get an extra set of hands to help, i'd leave it in long lengths.

Old 12-01-06, 05:02 PM
W
thanks.
i did. and we got it done and it looks just fine. just needs another coat of paint...
thanks for the help

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: