Paintable Textured Wallpaper

Old 01-24-08, 09:33 PM
Paintable Textured Wallpaper

I'm considering purchasing paintable textured wallpaper by Village at my local Lowe's. The wallpaper comes in 21" wide rolls and will be hung on my walls which are plaster and semi-textured. The wallpaper requires only that the back be wetted before hanging - no glue.

Does anybody have experience with this stuff? I'd like to hear some opinions before I buy it. Will it stick well to my imperfect plaster walls? Will it hang smoothly without wrinkles? Would it help to prime my walls first? Would it help to use glue anyway?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-08, 05:17 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Hi, I have used textured wallpaper from Lowes in two rooms. It's a great product! It covers all imperfections. I think if wall is clean and primed, you wouldn't need any other prep...you definitely won't need additional glue. The directions are in the package, and there's probably a website with FAQ - you can use for additional guidance. Good luck!

Old 01-25-08, 06:18 PM
I would prime the walls with a pigmented Wallcovering primer. I use Sherwin Williams wall prep. Then reverse roll your sheets and dip in warm water. That stuff is pretty thick and wrinkles should not be a problem. Generally the pre paste will do. I do 50-50 water and glue on pre pasted wallcoverings. With a texture on the walls, as long as there is plenty of glue you should be ok. Every pre-pasted company is a unique animal. Test a piece first to see how much glue you get. The 50-50 may be the best option. Just never go 100% glue, then the prepaste never activates and failure could happen.