Protecting Wallpaper border?

Old 04-05-08, 03:05 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Protecting Wallpaper border?

I have a wallpaper border right above a sink in a powder room. I want to protect it from getting wet. It's already curling up near the edges. Are there clear plastic panels available that I can buy to protect the border? Any other possible ways to protect it?

Thanks

E Steve K

Old 04-05-08, 08:58 PM
Is this border above the back splash of your counter top? Is the border over wallpaper or paint? Once it curls you are hard pressed to smooth it down. You may be best to replace it. Post a picture.

Last edited by nagra4s; 04-05-08 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-06-08, 10:47 AM
E
Thanks for your response, but the big question is: Are there plastic panels on the market, or some other way to protect the wall paper border around the sink?

By the way, the sink is a pedestal sink without a splash guard around it.

E Steve K

Old 04-06-08, 11:31 AM
T
Wallpaper and wallpaper borders do not stand up well to exposure to moisture. While there is clear plexiglass available, covering the border will likely look cheesy. While many pedestal sinks come with backsplashes, some do not. A border of tile or tile backsplash above the pedestal sink would be a more durable option. Another option is to paint or stencil a border to eliminate the curling and peeling of a paper border.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: