Feel like a Challenge?

Old 07-10-08, 02:26 PM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Feel like a Challenge?

Here's my challenge. I have a new ideas on how to do this, but I wanted to see what everyone here thinks up (if you have the time to kill) I just finished my finals and now I'm off to another college. The room I'm renting is a nice sized room, but one of the walls is covered in very old, very faded wood.

So Without doing anything that can't be removed when I move (in about 2-3 years) I want to cover this up and if possible, put in something that can help me.

I have $50 for this project. I will have alot of cardboard (from the moving boxes) and a bit of old curtains.

So far the plan I'm going with is to get some form board (the stuff they put between the walls) covering it with cloth of choice, and then using putting it on the wall with.....oh I can't remember the name of it, basicly its a sticky (cheap) thing that comes off when you pull on the bottom of it. I've heard good things from friends using this before. I could put the cardboard on the back of it, or I could just off them to other people....Doing this will give me a corkboard like wall that I can pin up ideas on, I also have a small white board that I can use....

Anyone think of something better? My new room will be a very pale purple and at the moment all it has is a bed.

Old 07-11-08, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you could probably just staple the fabric onto the wall, leaving only the small holes from the staples. cover the staples with ribbon.

stapling all around the perimeter would give a flat, upholstered wall. stapling only at the top (and gathering it slightly) would be more of a drapery-wall effect.

but your way would work, too. covering any kind of panel and then attaching the covered panel to the wall - same thing.

upholstered walls. a good way to hide bad walls that's easily removeable.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: