Wallpapering scalloped border to textured walls

Old 08-17-08, 05:43 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Angry Wallpapering scalloped border to textured walls

The leaves of the scalloped border continue to roll up even after multiple applications of extra wallpaper glue. Also, we have worked over 30 mins to push each individual leaf down with no success on just one roll of the border. The wall the border is going on is heavily textured and may be contributing to problem. We need advise advice on ways to keep each leaf of the scalloped from rolling up

Last edited by rzbkcraig; 08-17-08 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Forgot to add part of message
Old 08-17-08, 05:53 PM
That is a tough combination with that kind of border and texture. The finish paint on this texture probably did not help. Did you use "border adhesive'? Better known as "vinyl over vinyl" glue. This may bail you out!

Welcome to DIY

Old 08-17-08, 06:08 PM
R
Response to nagra4s comment

We used ‘Border Paste’ from Roman’s Golden Harvest to apply the extra glue to the scalloped leaves of the pre-glued border. We are not familiar with "vinyl over vinyl" glue if it is different from the ‘Border Paste’ brand previously mentioned. We will check on any differences tomorrow at the locale stores. Note: The flat-straight side of the border is not giving us any problem with rolling up or not sticking. It is ONLY the scalloped leaves that do not want to stay down. Thank you for your response.

Old 08-27-08, 12:51 PM
been there/done that!!!

OMG! i JUST hung a scalloped border in my kitchen and the same thing happened to me - and my wall is perfectly flat!!!! no border adhesive or glue of any kind is THICK enough or strong enough while wet to tame those curling pieces! i considered hot glue, liquid nails, rubber cement, even taping them all down until the glue dried.........but i ended up using my daughter's elmers glue stick. the kind that comes in a little tube & you screw it up as you go (almost like lipstick). hers happened to be the kind that's purple in the tube but then dries clear. i went along & bent up every little leaf tip & schmeared that waxy glue on each one and they all held as i pushed it back down. some excess will mush out, but just wipe it up as you go. none of mine have popped back up at all. hope this works for you, too!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: