wallpaper paste

Old 08-25-08, 05:29 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Unhappy wallpaper paste

we wallpapered a room with black wallpaper and have got wallpaper paste on the pattern side of the paper by accident and want to know how to remove it. can you help?

Old 08-27-08, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
yep! but it's a secret tip from the pro's!! shhh!

go out & buy the cheapest bottle of club soda you can find (50 cents maybe), pour the whole bottle into a large bowl, get a soft sponge, soak it in the club soda, wring it out (in the bowl) and gently wipe down the shiny areas. every few seconds, rinse the sponge out in the bowl & repeat. the club soda will remove the dried adhesive but won't harm the paper.

i JUST hung black wallpaper in my kitchen & the same thing happened to me! this worked like a charm, as it always does. any dark wallpaper will show dried adhesive as shiny spots, and water alone won't remove it once it's dried. and you never want to use any cleaners or solvents on wallpaper!

good luck!!!

PS......if you have any seams that are visible because of either shrinkage & a light colored wall showing through, or just from the white edges of the paper itself showing, a trick is to use either a black non-permanent marker or black water-based paint, and paint the seams & follow with a damp sponge. this will stain the edges but not leave color on the wallpaper face. makes the seams disappear!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: