Wallpaper HELP!!!!


Old 10-22-08, 04:49 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Wallpaper HELP!!!!

I have a problem, I live in a very old house and have a limited budget. I have wallpaper trim at the top of the wall, when I started to remove it, the wall started breaking off, I seen a show on home channel and the guy was fixing the same problem. He had some product (It looked dark pink) and he put the product right over the trim, and let it dry, and then painted right over it, and when it dried you couldn't tell at all that there was wallpaper under it. Its perfect for my problem, but I didn't catch the name of it. Does anyone know the name? You would be a life-saver.
Old 10-22-08, 06:16 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 47,937
Received 383 Votes on 339 Posts
I don't know anything about that product but [as you have found] often the wallpaper is what's holding old plaster together

I assume your wallpaper "trim" is a paper border. You can coat it with a solvent based primer and then skim over it with a thin coat of joint compound. The primer is important! It prevents the moisture in the j/c and/or latex paint from disolving any of the glue holding the wallpaper in place.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: