Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Decorating, Design, Painting, Upholstery and Fabrics Center > Wallpaper and Wallcoverings
Reload this Page >

Overspray from ceiling on wallpaper can I remove without damaging paper?

Overspray from ceiling on wallpaper can I remove without damaging paper?

Old 09-15-00, 08:24 AM
Visiting Guest
Angry

We have stucco ceilings and used a sprayer to paint (Latex paint was used), unfortunatley the tarp that was taped on the wall with wallpaper became loose during the process and I have white paint on about 1/2" to 2" of the top portion of the wallpaper. The paper is not textured or vinyl. Can it be saved????

Old 09-15-00, 12:09 PM
Visiting Guest
If it is just overspray and not too thick, you can try goof-off, but it will probably damage the print. I would suggest getting a border from the wallpaper store and hanging it, just like wall paper except use border adhesive. Who knows you may like it better with the border.

Old 09-15-00, 07:40 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Hi Messedup, I'm afraid Chipfo is right about the paint spot remover damaging your paper and the border trick may be your only option if the following doesn't help. About the only hope you may have of saving it is to sponge it with water several times and hope it will break the paint down. If you used ceiling paint this may be possible but if you, as is so often advised at DIY, used a high quality paint it may not let go. Best of luck....Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: