Can I paper over unpainted textured wallpaper

Old 05-18-09, 10:12 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Can I paper over unpainted textured wallpaper

I just wallpapered my room with paintable textured (vertical striping) vinyl wallpaper, but decided I want to wallpaper the bottom half with another wallpaper design. The wallpaper has not been painted yet. Can I wallpaper directly over the unpainted part without any problems?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-09, 09:36 PM
C
Smile

I don't think you can wallpaper directly over paintable wallpapepr, wallpaper only can be installed on treated well wall,I think.

Old 06-07-09, 07:33 PM
i'm pretty sure the texture from the first paper will telegraph through the new top paper. and the moisture from the top paper just might loosen the underneath paper, and then you're in a mess. best to remove the bottom layer first.

get a metal straightedge and an Exacto knife, and cut a horizontal line at the height you want the bottom paper to be & peel off that bottom textured paper. then make sure the wall is property prepped and put up the new paper on the bottom.

also, if you're planning on covering the joint where the 2 papers meet with a wallpaper border, you'll want to be sure to use vinyl-over-vinyl adhesive. regular wallpaper paste won't work.

good luck!