Wallpaper and paper from sheetwork seperating from sheetrock

Old 01-04-01, 02:57 PM
Visiting Guest
Angry

Have had problems lately with wallpaper, whether I put it up or a professional puts it up. Always the paper is put up over sheetrock with several coats of waterbase paint.
The walls are always cleaned and a size is applied. After the paper is up for several years, the paper started pealing off the sheetrock. What I discovered is its not the wallpaper that is seperating, but its the layer of paper on the sheetrock that is seperating. I have tried to reglue this back and it does not work. It always happens on the bottom by the baseboard heat. Is their anyway to prevent this from occuring? Have tried calling a professional in who put some of the paper up and he never returns calls. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Old 01-06-01, 07:07 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
John Noll, Reglue with vinyl over vinyl or border glue. in the future prime walls with R-35(Sherwin-Williams), BITE PRIMER(most larger home centers) or Zinsser Universal Wallcovering Primer. This is a prep job that is easily done yourself for the $15 or so dollars it costs. Paper applied over these sizes will not come off as long as it doesn't get wet. It sounds like to me that the heat is causing your drywall to separate. Of course no primer applied to the wall will stop this from happening.....Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: