Remove Wallpaper Behind Toilet

Old 06-25-13, 06:33 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Remove Wallpaper Behind Toilet

We have removed all the wallpaper in the bathroom except for one patch behind the toilet. We cannot take off the toilet tank as the bolts have rusted on. Removing the toilet is also not an option as we don't know how to put it back on. What would you suggest using to get that little patch of wallpaper off so we can paint our bathroom?

Old 06-26-13, 03:20 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

How tight is the commode against the wall? The odds are you'll have to leave it or remove the commode to get full access. It isn't a big deal to remove and reinstall the commode. There are only 2 nuts at the base and the water supply to disconnect. A wax seal seals the waste pipe connection - it needs to be replaced [they are inexpensive] I would never attempt to remove just the tank, too easy to damage the commode that way.

Have you been able to remove all the wallpaper adhesive? If not, you should coat the walls with either a solvent based primer or Zinnser's Gardz. Same thing if you've accidentally peeled off any of the drywall's face paper.

Old 07-01-13, 09:27 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to get rid of this problem

Hi

I had to same problem and to get that last bit of you need to use a steamer to get this off it worked for me i got mine from plushwallpaper.com

hope this helps

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: