wallpaper problem

Old 03-10-01, 01:37 PM
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb

I removed old wallpaper from an old plaster and sheet rock wall. Underlining was also removed. Purchased prepasted underliner to use prior to hanging new wallpaper because wall has a very rough finish. Used wallpaper activator on underliner and could not get it to stick to the wall. Then tried to use wallpaper paste and underliner and still could not get it to stick to the wall. What else should I do. The original paper and liner was put up by a professional wallpaper hanger about l0 or l5 years ago. Could something have been put on the wall that is now a problem for new wallpaper? I also used a product called DIF to remove the old wallpaper. Could this have done something to the surface of the wall causing the glue not to stick?
What should I do? Any suggestions will be appreciated?

Old 03-10-01, 04:54 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
mltseflcn, I think I would size the walls with BITE PRIMER or a good interior oil primer. This will make sure all you are doing will stay where it belongs. You didn't say what kind of paste you tried but get some clay based vinyl adhesive. I use this on liner and it does very well. You may thin it a little because it is very thick. If you can't get clay try a heavy duty clear adhesive straight out of the bucket....Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: