Need Help Finding a Border

Old 05-26-15, 01:37 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need Help Finding a Border

I'll try to get a better pic, but the following should be enough to at least get a start.

I'm repairing a wall and had to take down its wallpaper and border. Finding matching wallpaper wasn't all that difficult, it's from Brewster and available from Sherwin-Williams, but I just can't find a matching border anywhere. In addition to SWdecorating, I've also looked at several other websites, including some which specialize in discontinued products, but I'm just not finding it anywhere.

Again, sorry for the bad pic. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Name:  border.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  17.7 KB

As you can see, the wallpaper is off-white, while the border background is more beige.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-15, 04:58 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 153 Votes on 136 Posts
You lucked out finding matching wallpaper! Generally styles/patterns change over the years making it all but impossible to buy them again. Can't you find another border that would look good and just replace it all?

Old 05-26-15, 06:52 AM
It's that plaster on and around the chimney, we discussed in April. I found the wallpaper for the bedroom and a section of the discontinued border from the bath side, but am near wit's end with the bedroom border. My wife's solution is that because it's behind the door and the whole design is a bit too adult ladyish for who would most likely occupy the room, we should just skip the border there. I think that'd look funny and we might be better to paint it a solid color as sort of an accent, but we're going to put up the wallpaper and try it. If I could find the border, then we'd just put it back and be done.

If anyone has any suggestions of where or how I could look, it'd be great. I hadn't thought about rebordering the whole room. It would be more expensive than just painting over the replacement wallpaper, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. Thanks.

Old 05-26-15, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
Received 64 Votes on 51 Posts
Once something's discontinued, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
There are places that will make custom borders. Never used them and don't know what they cost, but wouldn't hurt to check it out.

Old 05-26-15, 12:16 PM
Thanks. If I may ask you, the group and/or @marksr... in regards to his suggestion, does it usually show when you put one border over another? The one that's up is sort of scalloped or it has uneven bottom that goes around like upside-down waves. I guess, I could look for a straight rectangle, especially if it's necessary, but I don't see how I could take down the previous border, so if I were to re-border, it'd go on top.

Again, thanks.

Old 05-26-15, 12:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 153 Votes on 136 Posts
While I can't say for certain, I suspect the scalloped border would telegraph thru new border.