Putting up new wallpaper

Old 04-07-01, 09:20 AM
Visiting Guest
I took down the wallpaper in my kitchen. I now have the floated wall. This looks like it is the only paper that was ever on the wall. Do I need to prepare the wall? or do I just paint the wall with the glue and put up the pre pasted paper that is soaked per instructions? Does the glue on the wall need to dry first? I have read so many different instuctions on papering that I'm not sure what to do.There seem to be new ideas on papering since I last papered a wall. I have papered before and it worked out well. I want to be able to change the paper in five to ten years if I change the decor. I want it to be easy but I do not want it to peal off before I'm ready to change it either. Thanks, Elleanne

Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-01, 07:07 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Personally,I always paste the prepasted paper as if it was`nt prepasted...Except to say that the paste shouldnt be as thick.
Unless you are hanging peelable vinyl,there is no way of saying how easy/hard it will be to strip in years to come.
If the walls are pourous then after preperation(rubbing down) you should apply a coat of size and allow to dry.
Very thin paste does the same job.