Boarder Only - Sizing?

Old 08-20-01, 07:08 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I am about to put up a boarder in our freshly painted kitchen and I've got two quick questions...

1) I am placing the boarder at the top of the wall. Do I need to size this section of the wall or can I just put the paper on without sizing?

2) Should I use regular walpaper paste or do I need to use the past for hanging boarders ontop of paper? The paper I'm using is a 'Prepasted Decorative Boarder' from York.

Thanks...
Ed

Old 08-20-01, 07:49 PM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Keeneye, If the walls are flat paint you could use regular paste and sometimes water. This would yield a strippable border. If the walls are eggshell, satin or semi-gloss use the border adhesive or vinyl over vinyl.....Mike

Old 08-21-01, 07:21 AM
K
Mike,

Thanks for the quick answer. I think that I'll size the section of the wall that will have the boarder and then use boarder paste.

I think I just needed someone else to agree with me.

Thanks again...
Ed

Old 08-22-01, 05:48 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Keeneye, You could skip the size if using border adhesive if you would like. The border glue will bond to what ever is there...Mike

Old 08-22-01, 07:35 AM
K
Mike,

By skipping the sizing, would this cause more headaches with the future removal of the paper? My understanding was that the sizing not only helped the paper adhere to the wall, but also help with the removal of the paper from the wall.

Thanks...
Ed

Old 08-23-01, 05:46 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Keeneye, Sorry I didn't go into every area. If you want to leave it strippable do size and attempt to paste with water only. Move to regular paper paste if needed. There may be a little come loose but should do it in the first day or two. Rewet and paste down as needed. Border paste is almost unremovable without a good deal of patching.....Mike

Old 08-23-01, 08:00 AM
K
Mike,

Thanks for all of your input. Will avoid the border paste and stick with sizing and regular paper paste.

Thanks again...
Ed

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: