Wallpaper - cost to do the job

Old 09-15-01, 06:15 AM
Visiting Guest
Hi
Any wallpaper hangers out there??

I've been wallpapering for 30 yrs for myself, family and friends but never as a business. Being such a perfectionist, I do a very good job. My skill level would match any good wallpaper hanger. (not tooting my own horn but just so you know my experience level)

I've been recommended to do a wallpapering job for a total stranger. My question is in the pricing of the job. I know some charge by the hour and some price by the roll (is it by double or single roll?)

I need the info asap because I have to go there today.
Thanks.....Betty

Old 09-15-01, 10:57 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
In the U.K,I charge around 15.00 a roll. We hang approx 10 to 15 roll a day and every thing is top notch. We guarantee our work and so are responsible for providing a quality finish. If you want to do the same,then estimate how much you need to earn in a day and times that by how many days the job will take you.. The problem with this is that you will probably not be competetive as speed and quality are the key to professional decorating.
I think its best to take a pay cut here and use the job as a learning curve..Good luck!!

Old 09-18-01, 02:47 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
by the single roll....

This is too late for you, but the hangers I know all charge by the roll - and the single roll at that. Do consider (and let your customers know) the most rolls are sold aas double rolls. So if you charge $15 per roll, thats $30 for a double roll (about $8 a strip).

Old 09-18-01, 06:00 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi
Thanks for taking the time to respond
Betty

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: