removal of wallpaper that has been painted over

Old 09-22-01, 08:20 AM
Visiting Guest
HELP! We live in an old condo where they have painted over layers and layers of wallpaper. It looks like at some point they tried to remove the wallpaper, but didn't get it all off and then painted over it. There are uneven ridges on the wall that leads me to believe that is what they have done. Anyway, I want to remove the painted on wallpaper, but have no clue where to start...anyone have any ideas??

Old 09-22-01, 11:30 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If what i have typed on the page below is no help then post back with details and we`ll try again.......
http://www.aceoftrades.homestead.com/strip.html

Old 09-24-01, 01:45 PM
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by ween
HELP! We live in an old condo where they have painted over layers and layers of wallpaper. It looks like at some point they tried to remove the wallpaper, but didn't get it all off and then painted over it. There are uneven ridges on the wall that leads me to believe that is what they have done. Anyway, I want to remove the painted on wallpaper, but have no clue where to start...anyone have any ideas??
there is a new wallpaper scraper in B&Q THAT HAS 2 BLADES
& cuts all types of wallpaper off the wall DRY!!! Its name is the wallpaper speed stripper by Halls Beeline and its briliant. ps it even shifts woodchip & artex.

Old 09-25-01, 12:19 AM
T
there is a new wallpaper scraper in B&Q THAT HAS 2 BLADES
& cuts all types of wallpaper off the wall DRY!!! Its name is the wallpaper speed stripper by Halls Beeline and its briliant. ps it even shifts woodchip & artex.
Yeah..I tried one out..Not bad,except its one handed. It holds two blades at an angle,and its shaped like a snow plough... Its an idea based on the contract scraper that I use (below) which is a two hander...Its a good idea,but not as effective as the original which is a little more expensive. But hey,I`ll try anything once!!

Old 09-26-01, 02:45 PM
Visiting Guest
I tried the one you have,but it has a tendency to dig in especially on artex and rough woodchip where as the B&Q one has a roller on the back. If you press lightly in long strokes one hand will suffice.

Old 09-27-01, 07:17 AM
T
To each his own...You use yours,Ill use mine!!
Wanna race??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: