stubborn wallpaper

Old 10-04-01, 03:39 AM
Visiting Guest
Angry

I'am stripping wallpaper and running into a real problem. The top vinyl comes off easliy, but the paper backing does not. I have used a paper tiger to score the backing and have soaked and soaked it with FULL strenth dif. I'am using an alpro scraper with a sharp blade to slowly inch by inch remove the backing. I'am not sure if it's paste that was used or what. Once I'am down to the wall, the top layer of paint is coming off, so I'am having to scrape the wall again because the paint is balling up. The customer wanted the walls painted, so I have to remove all the paste and dont' understand why the paint is peeling off. Any ideas on an easier way, and why the paint is doing what its doing. This job cost me 3 extra days. Thankyou!

Old 10-04-01, 08:46 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Every now and again you can come across this...Its a nightmare,I know. If it doesn`t strip wet,then allow it to dry and use one of these to cut the stuff off the wall.
They really do work

When I give a price for stripping and then repainting,I usually tell the customer that the price may have to include lining paper depending on how the paper comes off and the state of the walls.
I think this is what you should do...And it sounds like you will need to prep the walls and line them before painting them. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: