Bay Window

Old 10-12-01, 07:46 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

I am wallpapering a wall with 4 windows which are a "Bay" design as there are 4 angled walls with a window on each wall. The corners where these walls meet are angled like a bay. Should I use the procedure for inside corners in between each of these windows or should I try to place the paper across the top and bottom of the windows and then do strips in between the windows? Please HELP!!!

Old 10-18-01, 02:36 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
amblind1, 22 1/2 degree corners can be a pain because they are hard to frame and drywall and seldom turn out straight. What I do is attempt to wrap around the corner and if the sheet has no pressure on it and all is fairly level it will be fine with no pattern loss. Most of the time we are not so lucky and if there is stretching meaning you can't get the paper to stay in the corner without air here and there you need to use the inside corner method you refer to. If you force the sheet into the corner where there are bubbles they will pull out when dry. As for piecing the area between the header and under the window, I can't advise this because it doesn't follow normal rules of hanging and that is no horizontal seems if at all possible. Keep at it, bay windows are one of the most difficult areas one will run into when hanging paper...Good Luck....Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: