Peel & stick wallpaper removal

Old 12-27-01, 11:09 AM
Ldytec
Visiting Guest
Peel & stick wallpaper removal

I have the peel and stick wallpaper in my bathroom and I'm trying to remove it. I am having a lot of troubles with it as it is taking off the drywall behind it. Any suggestions on how to get this off?

Old 12-28-01, 01:10 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Two Things to Try

Ldytec, Try a blow dryer to warm the paper. If that fails try a heat gun but careful with this thing......Mike

Old 12-28-01, 02:08 AM
Ldytec
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Thanks Mike

I have tried hair dryer, water & vinegar, a kettle to steam it, but not the heat gun. I have one in my tool box at work (I'm a mechanic) and will stop off at work to pick it up today. I'm on vacation this week and the bathroom is my project I should have thought of the heat gun, as I have used it to remove unwanted decals on cars for customers. Guess when you're away from work you tend to not want to think of the place! I will let you know how it goes, and thanks again for the quick reply.

Ldytec

Old 12-28-01, 02:36 AM
mikejmerritt
Visiting Guest
Very Welcome and.....

please do let us know how it works out. The adhesive on the back of contact paper can be a real pain to deal with....Mike

Old 12-29-01, 04:36 PM
Ldytec
Visiting Guest
The heat gun worked great. Just heated the surface and worked the paper off with a scraper. Some of the drywall surface came with it, but that's easily repaired. I can't thank you enough for your help.

Ldytec

Old 12-31-01, 09:06 AM
hking44
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up Downy for wallpaper removal!!!!!

I found a great way to remove wallpaper:

First use a scorer and score the wallpaper really good.

Pour Downy fabric softener into a bucket of hot water, and with a big sponge saturate the wallpaper with the Downy and water.

Let sit for 5 mins, and the wallpaper just peels away with a scraper. (This also makes your whole house smell really nice for a few days!)

Try it!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: