wallpaper removal

Old 01-15-02, 07:08 AM
Visiting Guest
wallpaper removal

my problem is similar to outfishin's. the coated wallpaper in our 10-year old house was also hung without priming the drywalls first. now its coming loose at the seems and corners. so-called experts tell me that it's too much trouble removing the paper and to just re-attach the loose paper and paint over it. i'd like to know whether there's anything on the market today that i could purchase to strip the paper off the walls with minimum damage. any hints/tips/ideas would be greatly appreciated.
mls

Old 01-16-02, 10:24 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
First it depends what paint the paper has been painted with..
First off..Soak a couple of lenghts with very hot water with a squirt of washing up liquid in a garden spray cannister and leave for 10 mins then soak again and once more.
Try now to scrape and peel the paper and let me know how you get on. Try to see if the water has absorbed right through the paper.

Old 01-17-02, 06:38 AM
Visiting Guest
Thx toptosher for your reply. I must not have expressed myself properly: the wallpaper is coated, i.e. washable, not painted therefore I don't believe that soaking it is the answer. Let me know, please, I'd definitively try it.
Sunny greetings, mls

Old 01-17-02, 08:22 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If the "paper" is washable then I assume it is vinyl??
Usually,the vynyl layer is easily peeled away dry leaving a backing paper...Get back to me and tell me if that happens...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: