border removal product suggestions

Old 02-25-02, 09:34 PM
unhandynewbee
Visiting Guest
border removal product suggestions

Am finally thinking about giving in to the wishes of my 11 year old daughter - to remove the cute teddybear border in her bedroom that we had put up just before she was born! Have read about Wallwik and some other products/methods for wallpaper removal, but am now confused. Any product suggestions for an easy, inexpensive method to remove a border? I've never done anything like this before (didn't even put up the border ourselves - had a kind relative do it for us). Thanks in advance.

Old 02-26-02, 10:15 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Inexpensive, yes....easy, maybe. My wallpaper stripping page will tell you how to inexpensively strip the border.

Additional help: Score the border once in an up and down direction with a razor knife. Work your blade under this scored area and work up the surface layer. Ensure that when you pull off the surface layer, you pull it parallel to the floor. With skill and luck your border's top layer should pull off easily and in huge pieces, only ending at the ends of the roll and where your start cuts are.

Also be prepared for additional repair. If the border was applied with a border adhesive, it may more difficult to remove or may cause some wall damage. Soak, soak, soak, then try to peel off with a scraper. Best of luck with your project.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: