Brown paper treatment over paneling

Old 03-01-02, 04:03 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Brown paper treatment over paneling

I'm in need of a little advise on a technique I saw done on TV....It was the treatment where brown craft paper is ripped into pieces and adhered to a paneled wall to give the appearance of "leather". On this particular show, they dipped the paper into water based polyurethane while it was crinkled, then straightened it as they applied it to the wall. The finished product looked great and was very protected due to the poly. I'm looking to find more specific directions on how to complete the treatment but can not seem to find any sites with the information. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it! Thankx a bunch!
Old 03-02-02, 07:17 AM
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 600
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You can find good directions here:

Another site with directions is here:

Someone I know does this for a living and she uses:
1. GH-34 paste (made by Golden Harvest)
2. Draw-tite No Run (special primer/sealer instead of poly.)
3. Tufpro Painter's Best #35140 Builder's Paper (Home Depot)

If nothing else, you should try to get this paper because in the end, it looks more like leather than any other type.

Last edited by Wallpaper; 09-09-02 at 06:50 PM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: