prepasted wallpaper wont stick

Old 03-04-02, 12:29 PM
skippy_64
Visiting Guest
Question prepasted wallpaper wont stick

I am trying to hang prepasted wallpaper on a hallway ceiling and no matter what I do.... it will not stick.... I have rolled and soaked the paper and booked it..... no matter how long it stays booked.... it never gets tacky.....and absolutley refuses to stick at all to the ceiling. I am using luke warm water to soak the paper.... 2-3 minutes... and have kept checking for the paper to cure..... all it does is dry back out.... never sticky.... is there something else I can do.... or is using paste on a prepasted wallpaper an option??? skippy

Old 03-04-02, 03:07 PM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I always use paste on paper, whether it's pasted or not. Sometimes pre-pasted products just don't have enough paste. You should go to a wallpaper or paint store and pick up a small amount of Professional 880 wallpaper adhesive. You should be able to buy a gallon. Thin this out with an equal amount of water, ensure you stir it up well. Apply this to the back of your paper with a paint roller. Make sure you get it all over, including the very edges. Do this on top of a table, with a sheet to protect the finish (the paste will wash out). Book your wallpaper (fold pasted side to pasted side) for 5 minutes. It also may be helpful to let the paper book/rest in a garbage bag to ensure the paste won't dry out. Happy hanging

Old 03-05-02, 10:05 PM
dynagirl
Visiting Guest
Ignore the directions and only leave the paper in the water for about 15 seconds or so. Make sure the paper gets completely wet, though. If its in a roll, then pull it out slowly from the water so that water gets on the enture pasted surface. Then, book it for 15 minutes or so before applying to the wall.

Old 03-06-02, 04:06 AM
I agree with Wallpaper's advice above. Use paste, even on pre-pasted wallpaper.
frd

Old 03-06-02, 11:16 AM
T
Yep...I agree too.

Old 03-07-02, 07:45 AM
KC~76
Visiting Guest
I agree too.. I've always pasted my paper, prepasted or not. Especially on a ceiling, be sure and size first!

Old 03-07-02, 03:42 PM
skippy_64
Visiting Guest
Smile thankyou

I wish to thank everyone for their help on this.... pasting with the recommended paste worked wonderfully and the ceiling looks great!!! Sincerely..... skippy

Old 03-07-02, 07:32 PM
KC~76
Visiting Guest
Glad to hear it, Skippy! Another DIY.com success story.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: