Bad Dry Wall Mud

Old 08-05-02, 07:47 PM
Fishin_Buddy
Visiting Guest
Question Bad Dry Wall Mud

I patched a small hole using some dry wall mud that smelled bad. After it dried it seemed OK. Now I'm concerned about long lasting problems. Am I ok to paint or should I start over? What kinds of problems can occur if I continue? Thanks for any advice.

Old 08-05-02, 08:01 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Smelly drywall mud

Not to worry! If it looks fine and the surface appears the way you desire and it is dry. Proceed with priming and painting.

Old 08-05-02, 08:40 PM
Fishin_Buddy
Visiting Guest
Smile Smelly Mud

Thanks Twelvepole, I didn't want to have some kind of strange organism growing inside my wall . It's better to be safe than sorry. Thanks for the help.

Old 08-05-02, 09:19 PM
T
Fishin Buddy

Organisms in your walls? Perhaps worms. You could use them for bait.

Where do you fish and for what? I have not been fishing in years. My lines are dry rotted. I either caught the most or the biggest. My dad took me fishing when I was a kid. I always hung out with guys who went fishing in college.

I haven't had my waders on in 5 years. They hang on the coat tree at my mountain cabin on a river in a national forest.

Old 08-05-02, 09:54 PM
Fishin_Buddy
Visiting Guest
From Drywall to Fish in a single bound

Hhey, so I'm a little paraniod. Like I said it's better to be safe than sorry, right?
Anyway, I'm a fly fisherman who mostly fishes for Trout. You really should get the waders out of storage and go fishing. It's good for the soul. Thanks again

Old 08-05-02, 10:15 PM
T
Smelly drywall mud

Good luck, Fishin Buddy! I've been thinking about restringing my lines.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: