Paneling

Old 08-08-02, 09:11 PM
blondzee
Visiting Guest
Paneling

I am trying to find out how to do a texture look on dark brown paneling. I had heard you could use paper bags to give a leather look. I would like to cover the grooves of the paneling. Other than just painting, are there any other ideas?

Old 08-09-02, 11:50 AM
Seragilo
Visiting Guest
many choices

While I am not too sure about some of the particulars of the different projects, there are a few things I have seen. The paper bag one looks great, we did it to a friend of mines basement paneling. We actually use the large sheets of brown craft or packing paper. When it dried it looked like leather.

There is also a product out there called Fiberwall. It pretty much looks just like it is named, like little fibers on the wall. Some of the colours are very nice and there is alot of texture there.

There is also paintable, textured wallpaper out there, it comes white and you can paint it any colour you like. I would think you would have to fill all the grooves on the paneling and then prime before you took on just about anything though.

Another look I like is crackle paint. You wouldn't have to fill any of the groves for it would probably help the look. I would crackle the bottom half of the paneling in dark colours, use a chair rail to divide the top half then fill the grooves and paint the top half a nice lighter shade.

Oh one more, I am not sure where you are and if the products are the same from USA to Canada but Behr paints have wonderful product called Venetian Plaster. It is a very think paint, like plaster hence the name, which you put on and burnish. It can be a tedious job but the outcome is amazing! It is sold in Home Depot <Canada>, actually everything I mentioned is.

Good luck...hope this helps a bit.

Old 08-10-02, 03:04 PM
W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: