Old 09-10-02, 09:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I recently took down my wallpaper in my kitchen. I was talked into "mudding" my walls by a friend, which consisted of covering the wallboards with joint compound. It looks aweful! Very uneven and lots of cracks. Is there a way I can fix these walls to have a good surface to paint on? Did I ruin my walls?
Old 09-11-02, 10:05 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
i doubt that you ruined anything but you do have a big cleanup job ahead of you. if you are very careful you can scrape a lot of it off. the rest can be sanded down. i would probably use a wet sanding sponge to remove the rest. get your friend to help you!
Old 09-11-02, 10:20 AM
Housemarried's Avatar
Married only to a house!
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Boynton Beach in Palm Beach County, FL
Posts: 89
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I also was talked into the joint compound fiasco for the walls of my house. It looked like a birthday cake gone bad!

The rental center had a neat sander for drywall. It was a wand about six feet long with a round head on it. A foam backed sanding disc installs inside the head and you attach a shop vac to the other end. As the motorized head sands the drywall MOST of the dust is sucked into the shop vac. I was able to sand down a 12' x 36' room in 2 hours.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: